Wednesday 7 March 2012

A promise

I do so solemly swear that I will never post in anger.

I don't feel it would be very healthy to do so. Thinking back to my pathetically tortured attempts at journal keeping in high school, and all associated emo poetry, I just feel I should hold off on writing publicly if I'm angry.

Instead, I'm going to quote an exchange I just had via SMS.


Me: I'll practise my best Miranda Priestly to unleash on them.
A: Miranda Priestly scares me quite a bit.
Me: She's fantastic. Hearing Meryl Streep talk about her is like listening to Jesus talk about god, but better.
A: Hearing Meryl Streep talk about anything is like listening to Jesus talk.
Me: Oh god, does that mean Meryl Streep *is* Jesus?
A: Hmmm


This is, of course, a relevant time to link to The Onion and remind ourselves that Jesus was judged.


Today's blasphemy has been brought to you by Meryl Streep's unparallelled awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment