Thursday 23 February 2012

Dramz

Are you following the the leadership "spill" on Twitter? Neither am I! I'm keeping thanks to the hacks I know on facebook.

Do you have any fucks left to give about the University of Sydney cutting funding to the University of Sydney Union, maybe promising to send some of the SSAF their way (if they feel like it), and just generally screwing all of their staff? I gotta say, I'm scraping the bottom of my barrel of fucks. Luckily, I have more barrels in the cellar. Just not enough to care about searching for links to post.

These are the two major issues happening in my general life sphere right now. They are considerably greater than students in year 12 who can't add fractions, but I have to interact with the students (albeit online) on a day-to-day basis, so they tend to annoy me more.

I have no direct influence over the leadership spill, so I'll wait until the next election. Shocking as it seems, I don't have the power to oust most of the University Senate, so there's very little I can do about staff cuts and USU funding. These things are happening, and it's all very upsetting, but they're happening. I feel I'm doing what I can, which is very little.


So yes, it's weird and it's awful and it's awkward and we might have heard enough about it and maybe we need a break from it but screw it. We'll never stop being angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment